Like we all already know Target has it all, that’s not new. However, thanks to the Madre, my skin has been treated to some of the best toner ever. And guess what? All under $8! So here’s the two things my skins been loving lately:
1. Neutrogena Alcohol-free toner. Luckily, I’ve never had much skin trouble. Call it the Asian genes or whatever, but I haven’t had too many issues and I’m definitely grateful. Usually I use a makeup wipe to clean my face, and I’ve learned for me that washing my face every day just dries out my skin. However, I have noticed a huge difference between the way my skin looks and feels when it’s clean and when it’s not. I never noticed just how much dirt or makeup residue was probably still there even after I had washed my face at night until I used the toner for the first time. Seeing more makeup come off on what appeared to be my freshly cleaned skin amazed me! My skin felt, smelt, and looked glowing after just a week of properly cleaning it using the toner. I had peace of mind knowing it was truly being cleansed, and I felt and saw improvements too! This toner has been working wonders on my skin and really helps me feel like my face has been deeply cleaned at the end of the day.
On top of that, the toner is alcohol free, so it never stings and is so gentle on the skin. Especially when dealing with the extremely sensitive skin on your face- you want to only ever use gentle and safe products. If you are like me and have been on the hunt for a product that can do that- for sure pop on over to Target and grab some. The bottle will last forever and soon, it’ll be part of your daily lineup.
2. Silicone makeup applicator. Ahhh- the trendy silicone foundation applicator. I saw this idea and thought it was crazy, but then I got a free one in the mail and thought- eh, let me see what this is all about. For those of you makeup lovers who have been wondering the same thing about this product, let me share my honest opinion: it definitely works. Would I say it’s replaced my other applicators? Not really.
I was genuinely surprised at how buttery and smooth it applied my foundation, and I appreciated my hands not getting messy. It cleans really easy and in that way, prevents clogged pores and all that karma from having messy brushes. However, I’ve been a rookie and when it comes to foundation, I just haven’t found a brush that I like better than my plain old fingers (gasp! I know. I know.)
I usually just apply my foundation like lotion and have found that this gets me the most smooth and even application. But, the silicone applicator definitely made me reconsider my methods for a moment. However, it takes a little more work to blend evenly and I feel like it doesn’t provide the best even coverage. So- give it a try and let me know what you think- maybe you’ll have better luck than I did!
3. The Honest Co. Healing Balm. Smells like honey. Is smooth as butter and let me tell you- this bad boy did wondersss for my chapped lips this winter. Plus- my poor art-teacher-wanna-be hands didn’t stand a chance from avoiding cracking with all those paintbrushes that needed washing! If you ever have an SOS where those lips, nose or hands need unchapping- don’t hesitate. Not gonna lie- I feel like a bonafide Indian apothecary reading the name, but that’s all part of the experience! Buy yourself a tube of this stuff and experience the miracle of all of Jessica Alba’s hard work.
4. Elf’s Mint Lip Exfoliator. Praise. the. lamb. It’s here. Man has discovered it. That’s right ladies- no more DIY sugar lip scrubs- Elf has you covered as usual. Conveniently made in the same manner as lipstick, this easy application and sweet minty taste helps you to exfoliate those peeling lips with ease. Not to mention it tastes amazing! Whenever my lips are starting to dry out or chap, I do a couple quick swipes (even sometimes over my lipstick) and bam! Good to go. And for $2, can you really go wrong? The highest of recommendations.
5. Urban Decay Perversion Mascara. Before you scroll past- hear me out. I know, I know. Urban Decay. There’s no way in our right minds we can ever comfortably afford it. But one broke college girl to another- if you value your lashes- do it. Give this mascara a chance because you may or may not have noticed- but in the last sixth months I have seen incredible improvements in my lashes. I’m not saying break the bank by any means- but if I can help a sister out and go before you, take my word for it, this stuff is well worth the investment. The bottle is massive and lasts forever (the one pictured below is their tiny sample size), plus the brush is nothing short of fantastic. So, all I’m gonna say is treat yo’ self lady lady. That’s all I have to say about that.
6. Shakeology. Let me tell you- I know we all know breakfast is the most important meal of the day but – confession time – good grief am I awful about it in the summertime. Especially when I sleep in, I find myself skipping breakfast more than I like to admit. But truly guys- your mom was right. There’s nothing that beats a good breakfast. For your overall diet, skin, health- nothing is better. But if your like me and you need something easy and filling, Shakeology is for you.
Granted. This stuff is UNREAL expensive and I’ve been on the hunt for a much cheaper replacement. But, during student teaching and this summer I have seen the power of this mighty mix at work. Just a little almond milk and a scoop of this stuff and not only is it tasty but it is SO good for you. Especially getting back into a daily fitness routine this summer, a balanced and nutritional breakfast was more than necessary. If you haven’t bit the bullet and tried some yet- you totally should! And if you have and have found a college-student budget friendly substitute- pleaseeee let a girl know!
All together, these are three new products I’ve experimented with this summer and I hope my review has been helpful to you! Let me know your thoughts and experiences and I would love to hear what your take is! Until next time around my lovelies